Cape Town is synonymous with romance because of its naturally beautiful location at the south-western tip of Africa. Whether your type of loving spells sunset boat cruises, luxury treatments, exciting adventures, Lindt chocolates or fine wining and dining, it is easy to find romantic things to do in Cape Town.
Secret romantic spots
Pick it fresh on the farm
Did you know there is a rose farm (Chart Farm in Wynberg) where you can pick roses for your love? Seduce her with this romantic idea by selecting the most beautiful roses.
Strawberry picking can also be a romantic affair. Visit Polkadraai Farm for the freshest bucket load of love.
If you happen to be in Cape Town during December and January, take a day-trip to Ceres where you can pick your own cherries at Klondyke Cherry Farm.
Watch a romantic movie under the stars
The Galileo Open Air Cinema chooses romantic venues in and near Cape Town to screen movies during the summer months.
Take a romantic moonlight hike up Lion’s Head
Lovers delight in a romantic full moon hike up Lion’s Head. Enjoy the view of city lights and the moonlight on the ocean before heading back. If you’re not one for a strenuous hike, opt for a picnic lunch on Signal Hill instead.
While most of Cape Town’s beaches are busy, there are some perfectly private beaches around too. You and your sweetheart can be romantic at the following secluded spots:
- With the ultimate views of Table Mountain, Sunset Beach is much for long sunset walks
- Beta Beach in Bakoven is a hidden gem favoured by couples in Cape Town
- Oudekraal Beach near Camps Bay is tiny and secluded and forms part of the Table Mountain National Park
- Cape Point Nature Reserve has a selection of private beaches: Gifkommetjie Beach; Platboom; Diaz Beach; Maclear Beach and Olifantsbos Beach
- There are also some quiet beaches near Simon’s Town. Visit Frank’s Bay (Froggy Pond); Fisherman’s Beach and Water’s Edge adjacent to Boulders Beach (don’t miss the African penguin colonies)
Cape Town offers a delightful selection of luxury experiences to enjoy with your loved one:
- Hot air ballooning in Stellenbosch
- Helicopter ride over the Cape Peninsula
- Couples day at the spa
- Harley Davidson city tours
- Horse riding on the beach in Noordhoek
- Horse-drawn carriage ride in the Cape Winelands
Sea view sunsets
Watching the sun sink into the sea is one of the most romantic things to do in Cape Town. And, with Cape Town’s position at the south-western side of Africa, spectacular sunset spots are available in abundance.
Choose the best spot for watching the sunset in the arms of your darling:
- Use the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway to get to the top in time for a memorable sea view sunset
- Board a yacht or catamaran at the V&A Waterfront and embark on a sunset cruise
- Get the best sunset view from Camps Bay beach, located near romantic apartments
- Head to Sea Point’s Promenade for a fun-filled sea view sunset
- Enjoy a spectacular sunset from the top of the trendy Silo Rooftop
The Cape is well known for its culinary delights. A romantic dinner is always a great date night idea if you pick the right spot. We recommend the following outstanding, romantic restaurants in Cape Town:
- La Colombe on Constantia Nek
- La Mouette in Sea Point
- Pigalle Restaurant in Green Point
- Asoka in Kloof Street
- Azure Restaurant at The Twelve Apostles
Romantic accommodation in Cape Town
Many couples book a boutique hotel for their romantic getaway. However, have you considered booking a luxurious villa instead of a hotel stay?
Privacy is the most obvious advantage. You don’t have to endure any passage noises from rowdy guests. There is no disturbance from room services. You are just in for a blissful time with your love.
When it is just the two of you, consider one of Cape Town Villas’ rentals with a jacuzzi. Stay in and enjoy a stress-free time with the special person in your life.
Cape Town Villas offers visitors to the Western Cape the ultimate self-catering accommodation. We have special places to match up to couples seeking scenic places and hidden gems. We will help you find a romantic villa or romantic apartment for your getaway in the best location.
If you have to bring the kids along, our concierge service is there to help arrange babysitters so you can still enjoy a date night to remember.
Tips for turning up the romance
Do not wait for Valentine’s Day or your anniversary to show your beloved that he or she is special. Here are some date ideas:
- Whisk him or her away for a short Cape Town city break. There are romantic apartments aplenty in the city bowl and Atlantic Seaboard. Discover romantic places at night. Take a leisurely stroll at the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and go for a ride on the Cape Wheel.
- Spend time together on holiday learning a new skill. Chocolate making, a short cookery course or a craft workshop are fun activities that can awaken romance.
- Enjoy the great outdoors together. Cape Town has it all. You can climb mountains as a pair, swim, surf, snorkel and sunbathe. Cycle on the Sea Point Promenade or head up the mountains on a mountain bike.
- Consider taking the night off in your self-catering villa. Enjoy a cosy evening indoors watching a movie in the privacy of your rental’s lounge or bedroom.
- If you are stuck for gift ideas, remember nothing is more romantic than receiving quality jewellery. Cape Town has excellent jewellers and goldsmiths where you can visit together to buy exquisitely crafted pieces in silver, gold or platinum, with diamonds, tanzanites and other gemstones.
- Visit wine estates in the Cape Peninsula and surrounding Cape Winelands for wine tasting. Buy a bottle of Chardonnay or bubbly, order a picnic basket and enjoy a romantic afternoon on the lawn, old-school style. Closer to town, you can picnic at the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, too.
Experience the romance for yourself
The Cape of Good Hope is a place for unadulterated romance. It offers many couples experiences and special places to explore with your loved one. You do not have to be on honeymoon in Cape Town to have a fantastic time with your one true love. You can simply make the most of your time together and explore the many things to do for couples in the Mother City.
Cape Town Villas will help you find the perfect self-catering rental from where you can explore all the romantic things to do in Cape Town.
Book Your Romantic Getaway today
The romantic rentals on Cape Town Villas are ultra-luxurious and private
Phone us on +27 21 201 1495 and ask to speak to one of our friendly experts.